A gift to your family, sparing them hard decisions at an emotional time.
It is not always possible to pay respects in person, so we hope that this small token will help.
Offer a gift of comfort and beauty to a family suffering from loss.
The Plummer Funeral Parlor was founded in 1898 by Henry W. Plummer and started as a small office at 316 Water Street in Augusta. Henry moved to the present location on Pleasant Street around 1920. Following his death in 1949, his wife, Mildred Plummer, and their two sons, Norton H. Plummer and John F. Plummer continued the operation of the funeral home. Plummer Funeral Home, which was incorporated in 1959, was purchased by Leo J. Murphy in 1962. Since that time, many additions and improvements have been made.
In 1975, one of Leo's sons Patrick joined the staff as a licensed funeral director. He was elected President of the Corporation in 1997.
Another of Leo's sons, Michael, joined the staff in 1995 as a licensed funeral director. He was elected Vice-president in 1997.
In 2002, land was acquired on Route 32 in Windsor, Maine. Construction of a new funeral home was started in 2002 and was completed in 2003.